146 Professional - MSFS
Following on from their popular Hawk T1/A Advanced Trainer and PA-28 family of aircraft for MSFS, Just Flight's in-house team has developed this highly detailed simulation of the 146 regional jet following comprehensive, hands-on research with a real-world aircraft, G-JEAO, which retired from service with British European Airways in 2000 and is now preserved at the de Havilland Aircraft Museum, and the CC.Mk2 and C.Mk3 aircraft of Royal Air Force, 32 (The Royal) Squadron.
Just Flight are excited to bring you the 146 ‘Whisper Jet' - featuring the 100, 200 and 300 series of this classic British airliner. The design process of what was to become the 146-100 began under Hawker Siddeley in 1973, when the iconic high T-tail, short undercarriage, four engines and distinctive airbrake were chosen to produce a regional airliner with short-field performance and quiet operation. The 146-100 first flew in 1981, followed by the stretched 200 series in 1982 and the 300 series in 1988.
The Royal Air Force purchased three 146-100s in 1986 and these were operated by The Queen's Flight, designated the CC.Mk2 ‘Statesman' and equipped with VIP cabins. The aircraft were used to transport the British royal family and senior members of the UK military and government.
The 146 was also popular with cargo operators due to its excellent capacity and low engine noise, allowing for night flights into city airports. Two cargo variants were developed: the convertible passenger and freight variant (QC) and the freight-only Quiet Trader (QT). The Royal Air Force also operated two 200QC aircraft, designated the C.Mk3.
Eight variants of the 146 are included in this product - the 100 to 300 passenger variants, the 200QC and QT, 300 QT, RAF CC.Mk2 ‘Statesman\' and C.Mk3 - offering a wide variety of configurations, ranges and flight operations across the globe.
The exterior models are stunningly detailed, featuring 8K and 4K textures for incredible clarity and the latest Physical Based Rendering (PBR) material technology to produce realistic metallic, plastic and glass surfaces. Realistic animations include trailing-edge flap mechanisms, spoilers, large tail-mounted airbrake and all passenger and cargo doors.
The Captain and First Officer positions in the cockpit are modelled with hundreds of functional switches, knobs and controls. The aircraft features complex custom-coded systems based on real-world FCOMs, including hydraulic, electrical, fuel and pressurisation, and the cockpit is also fitted with a functional Thrust Management System (TMS) and comprehensive navigation equipment which includes an FMS.
The aircraft are brought to life with immersive dynamic lighting and 3D Wwise sounds, with unique flight dynamics for each variant and custom effects from condensation and contrails to realistic exterior lighting.
The 146 was flown all around the world and over 40 airline liveries from the UK, USA, Europe and Australia are included, bringing you many iconic airlines and paint schemes.
See the Detailed Description below for full details of all the aircraft features and you can take a look at the PDF manual here!
New features - the 146 Professional has been available for some time in both Prepar3D and X-Plane 11, but the aircraft has undergone an extensive upgrade process to bring it up to the latest MSFS standards, with a significant number of changes to both the visuals and the aircraft systems. Click here for a list of the major improvements among the hundreds of updated features.
Video playlist - over recent weeks we have posted a number of tutorials and videos highlighting some of the 146's features - you can find them all together here.
Here are just a few of the features of this product:
Eight variants of the 146 are included:
- 146-200 QC & QT (cargo)
- 146-300 QT (cargo)
- CC.Mk2 (RAF VIP configuration with countermeasure pods)
- C.Mk3 (RAF cargo configuration with countermeasure pods)
- Accurately modelled using real-world aircraft plans and comprehensive photography of the real aircraft (G-JEAO, ZE701 and ZE708)
- Numerous animations, including:
- Trailing edge flap surfaces
- Wing-mounted spoilers and tail-mounted airbrake
- All passenger, service and cargo doors, and integral airstairs
- Windscreen wipers
- Distinctive retractable tricycle landing gear
- Countermeasure pods, HF aerial and more
- Physically Based Rendering (PBR) materials produce realistic metallic, plastic and glass surfaces
- 4K and 8K textures are used to produce the highest possible texture clarity
- Authentic labelling and placards based on those found in the real aircraft, with decals used for high-resolution text
- Ground services support (marshaller, fuel truck etc.)
- Full support for MSFS visual icing effects
- Passenger and cargo cabins
- Captain and First Officer positions are modelled with hundreds of functional switches, knobs and controls. Even the pilot and observer seats, cup holders and sun visors are functional!
- A truly 3D cockpit environment right down to accurately modelled seat belts and screw heads - every instrument is constructed fully in 3D with smooth animations
- Cockpit textures feature wear and tear based on reference photos taken in the real aircraft to produce an authentic environment
- Aircraft state system which will automatically save the aircraft state whenever a flight is saved and reload it whenever that flight is loaded
- Aircraft configuration system which allows you to choose between 'Cold & Dark', ‘Turnaround' or \'Ready for Take-off'
- Many features have been added to help with usability such as the ability to hide the control yokes for a better view of the instruments and pre-set camera views for the overhead panel, centre pedestal and jump seat, hidden clickspot for setting all altimeters to standard and controlling all four N1 and TGT bugs, and automatic ground idle selection
- Developed using the latest MSFS standards, including intuitive and easy-to-use controls for rotary knobs, multi-position switches and levers
- Fully compatible with MSFS VR mode
146 Professional features custom-coded aircraft systems with a high degree of complexity and depth, including:
Air-conditioning and pressurisation system
- Automatic and manual pressurisation modes with control of outflow valves, barometric and cabin rate settings, indications and cabin altitude warnings
- Cabin altitude and differential values based on real-world data
- Automatic and manual flight deck and cabin temperature control - takes account of ambient temperature, air supply from the engines and/or APU, fresh or recirculated air and even whether the doors are open!
- Autopilot and flight director system with multiple modes:
- Pitch - altitude arm and hold, vertical speed, IAS, Mach, glideslope and go-around
- Roll - VLOC, BLOC, LNAV (FMC) and HDG
- Turbulence mode
- Pitch and bank selection and hold
- Sync mode for quick changes to aircraft attitude
- Fully-functional mode annunciations, engagement and disengagement criteria (including roll and pitch rate cut-out and stall cut-out) and integration with ADI and HSI
- Simulated CAT 2 approach monitoring system
Electronic Flight Bag (EFB)
The aircraft is equipped with a tablet EFB for controlling various aircraft options and payloads, including:
- Set fuel quantity in individual tanks (including total fuel weight, automatically split between tanks)
- Set payloads in passenger cabin and cargo holds (including Zero Fuel Weight)
- Control the pilot and cabin announcements
- Quickly select aircraft states (Ready for Take-off, Turnaround and Cold-and-Dark)
- Toggle ground power unit (GPU) and chocks
- Monitor CG position and automatically set take-off trim based on CG
- Aircraft configuration menu with many options, including altimeter sync, traditional/TCAS VSI, state saving, cabin lighting, model options and much more
The EFB can also be used for flight planning and monitoring:
- Import your SimBrief flight and view a summary or scrollable full OFP
- Monitor your position in real time using a map view with tracking, zoom and pan options
- Explore and view your Navigraph charts
- Use a notepad for making notes during the flight, particularly useful for noting down clearances and taxi instructions
Flight Management System
- Fully functional FMS for lateral navigation (LNAV), based on the popular Working Title FMS, allowing for realistic modern-day flight planning and operations
- Up-to-date AIRAC cycles (via the Navigraph MSFS database)
- Lateral navigation integration with LNAV autopilot mode and HSI
- Ability to create full flight plans or import the default MSFS flight plan
- SimBrief import function
- SID and STAR support
- Holding pattern support
Plus a whole lot more!
- Microsoft Flight Simulator (i.e. the 2020 Standard, Deluxe or Premium Deluxe edition of Flight Simulator)
- Processor: Intel i5-4460 / AMD Ryzen 3 1200 (Intel i5-8400 / AMD Ryzen 5 1500X recommended)
- RAM: 8GB (16GB recommended)
- Graphics card: nVidia GTX 770 / AMD Radeon RX 570 (nVidia GTX 970 / AMD Radeon RX 590 recommended)
- Operating System: Windows 10 / 11
- Peripherals: Joystick or compatible game controller (e.g. Xbox One Controller for Windows)
- 1GB hard drive space
Important: Please be aware of our refund policy