For Prepar3D v5 and Prepar3D v4
Includes support for Prepar3D v5.3 HF2
ASP3D is the latest addition to the ActiveSky weather engine line. ASP3D evolves realism-based weather simulation, building upon the ground-breaking and proven features of ActiveSky while integrating with the latest simulator platform update from Lockheed Martin: Prepar3D v5.2 HF1.
Many of the back-end systems of ActiveSky have been completely redesigned or overhauled for ASP3D.
New 5.3-specific EA enhancements including better visibility tuning, additional cloud transition smoothing, volumetric fog smoothing, and volumetric cloud depiction configuration options.
New P3D add-on folder specification/design, with everything installed outside of the P3D folders - Includes ASCA support (with SP3 Update)
New networking design eliminating the need for SimConnect configuration in networked environments - Just install ASP3D, install the included Connector on the server machine, configure your shared paths, and go!
New XGauge universal design that works for any aircraft without needing to install into panels - New reworked airborne radar mode visualization with radial signal processing + multiple radar usage capability (you can now use multiple AS Radar API add-on radar displays together along with XGauge airborne radar mode all at the same time)
Wind smoothing redesigned for higher frequency force actuation and organic feel.
The new Enhanced Atmospherics (EA) mode in P3Dv5 is new and undergoing constant improvements. Some features of ASP3D are not compatible with EA mode. This includes: Cloud detection features, in-cloud motion effect, in-cloud visibility reduction, high-resolution radar/precip accuracy, and ASCA-integrated enhancements/dynamics. While the EA depiction and API is evolved over time, we will be constantly working to further extend and integrate with this depiction system.
Note: Prepar3D v5.2 HF1 support is now included, with 5.2-specific EA cloud transition smoothing enhancements, visibility smoothing enhancements, and volumetric cloud depiction enhancements. ASCA cloud texture features are now also available while using EA mode, when Volumetric Clouds are disabled in P3D options, since EA + legacy clouds are now optionally available in v5.2.
NOTE: For ASCA compatibility, ASCA Build 7884 should be installed. New ASP3D users with ASCA already installed: Before updating, please perform an uninstallation of ASCA to clear any potential conflicting content. Then install the latest ASCA full installation and optional HD content from the Library tab.
Update - June 6, 2023: Prepar3D v5 compatibility update
- [06/06/23] Fixed issue with previous 8538 build and P3D 5.3.17 compatibility (P3D Connector Logging Error)
- [06/06/23] Adjusted download interval option defaults for updated network policies
- [12/12/22] Resolved login/connectivity issues for some users
- [09/27/22] New license handling and application support for additional license types
- [05/10/22] Implemented new multiple licenses for a single user account/email address support including simultaneous usage of multiple licenses/devices on a single account
NOTE: This is only for licenses activated on or after May 10, 2022. Previously activated licenses using separate email accounts, as previously required, will continue to use individual email/accounts
NOTE: For new licenses, to associate the new license to an existing account, simply use the standard LOGIN method with the existing email account, and new installations of ASP3D will ask for the new license key on first login, where you will enter your new license key.
- [03/17/22] Fixed issue with Installation showing error message regarding VC++ runtime redistributables, if a newer version was already installed - Also updated message if a general error during VC++ redistributable installation occurs, indicating that operation can normally continue as long as the redistributables have been installed previously, or will be installed manually
*Certain Countries may not have access to our USA server-based network due to governmental policy restrictions and/or internet network route blocking. Use of this product is not authorized in any Country subject to relevant embargo, sanction, restriction or prohibition applicable within the USA.