We've paid particular attention to the flight dynamics with a heavy focus on creating an aircraft that is realistic not only in the visual department, but also in the way it handles. The PC-6 Porter is a powerful and capable utility aircraft and we wanted to capture an authentic feel to the controls. Hundreds of hours of testing and expert refinement have resulted in a rewarding, yet ultimately enjoyable, flight experience that successfully mimics all aspects of the real world model, up to and including in-flight reverse pitch 'beta' mode.
The Milviz PC-6 Porter includes our own highly detailed GPS units based on the default simulator data, however we recognize that many of our customers use other popular 3rd party options for replicating the GPS functions. For the PC-6 Porter, we've bundled in compatibility for the most popular avionics add-ons with multiple configurations available to choose from. Compatible 3rd party avionics include the following:
- Flight1 750 GTN
- Flight1 650 GTN
- Reality XP 530 GNS
- Reality XP 430 GNS
- Navstax Radio/Navigation Suite
Please note that compatibility for the above gauge packages includes support for installation and setup of our product only use of any of the offered options requires a functional existing installation of the appropriate gauge. In addition, any gauges we list compatibility for are not included with the Milviz PC-6 Porter.
PT6A-27: 'By the Book' performance
Using code developed for our forthcoming King Air, Chuck, Tomas and the rest of the programming team have pulled out all the stops to bring you what we hope you will agree, is the most accurate and realistic rendition of a PT6A-27 available anywhere today.
All functions and characteristics emulate the real-world classic turbine down to a tee. If you have experienced one in real life you will recognise the distinctive start up, and the way power, sounds, temperature and internal pressures are all meticulously co-ordinated.
Engine model = Pratt & Whitney PT6A-27
Engine Power = 550 SHP Flat Rated up to 43&0176; C ISA conditions
Propeller = 4 bladed, constant speed.
Propeller model = Hartzell HC-D4N-3P/D9511F
- Startup procedure:
- Totally realistic.
- Spool up rates depending on different variable (fuel, temperature, altitude, battery power,etc).
- In-Flight different start procedures included:
- Starter assisted
- No Starter/Windmilling (depending on conditions)
- Hot starts simulated due to different conditions (fuel too soon, low battery, etc)
- P3D custom AutoStart included (CTRL-E)
- Custom specific sounds for entire startup/shutdown sequence, both external and internal.
Sound volume is user configurable with MVAMS.
- Realistic propeller rotation at engine startup & shutdown.
- Engine Performance modeled following real engine data from different tables.
- Emergency Power System fully operational.
- Engine failures because of limits exceeded (random)
- Cold & Hot weather operations realistically simulated, including:
- Oil pressure variable upon oil temp conditions
- Oil temp variable upon OAT conditions
- Combustion delays at low temperatures
- Fuel System totally simulated, including:
- External tank(s) configuration for certain variants
- External to Main fuel transfers
- Custom Electrical System, including:
- 1 x 24V 34 Ah NiCad Battery.
Battery damage due to overheating is simulated and will cause failures if starter time limits are not respected.
- 1 x 24V 34 Ah NiCad Battery.
Accurate & In-Depth
Building on our experience with the DHC-2 Beaver, DHC-3 Otter, and the DHC-3T Turbo Otter, our PC-6 Porter offers a comparable level of systems depth and functionality. Our goal is to create an immersive, true-to-life experience for any simulator pilot, regardless of experience. Choose to fly the Turbo Porter by the book, or simply jump in and fly, your choice!
Our PC-6 goes far beyond the default simulator functionality in order to provide an accurate, realistic recreation of key characteristics and systems functionality. The electrical system is closely simulated, with operable circuit breakers present for key systems.
The dangerous effects of icing are also simulated, with serious consequences for disregarding potentially dangerous flight conditions. Ice accumulation can be hazardous to the Porter, leading to airspeed loss and a stall freezing rain can disrupt static instruments and cause incorrect readings.
And at the very core of this simulation is a carefully tuned flight model that imparts the unique flight qualities of this STOL-capable workhorse.
Use of any 3rd party avionics package in any desired simulator is of course also restricted to the availability of the avionics package for that simulator. Please see the respective manufacturers websites for platform compatibility.
Highly Detailed KAP 140 Autopilot
The PC-6 Porter includes our custom coded, very accurate simulation of the venerable KAP 140 autopilot. Faithful to the original, from the font used to the replication of servo drives on the trim wheels and the yoke. The logic used in the KAP 140 has been carefully replicated to deliver one of the most realistic autopilot simulations available. A separate manual for the autopilot has been included.